leave no stone unturned 不遗余力;全力以赴
——lynn left no stone unturned in her research, and handed in an excellent paper.(lynn全力以赴做她的研究,交了一篇优秀的论文。)
eg:on cloud nine 沉浸在幸福之中;非常高兴
——marcia looks like shes on cloud nine.do you know what made her so happy? (marcia好象沉浸在幸福之中。你知道她为什么这么高兴吗?)
——she just had a paper accepted for publication.(她有一篇文章要发表了。)
eg:on the tip of ones tongue 一时想不起来,话到嘴边又忘记
——are you sure you cant remember the name of that record? (你肯定记不起来那张唱片的名字吗?)
——its just on the tip of my tongue! (我就是一时想不起来了。
eg:reach the bottom of the barrel 用完,弹尽粮绝
——dont you have any other clean shirts? (你还有其它干净衬衫吗?)
——i guess ive reached the bottom of the barrel.(我想我已经用完了。)
eg:rub sb.the wrong way 使(某人)有点恼火;惹怒;引起反感;烦扰,打搅
——what do you think of our new economics instructor? (你觉得新经济学老师怎么样?)
——i dont know.something about him rubs me the wrong way.(不知怎么的,他有点让我反感。)
eg:scratch the surface 只懂皮毛,很不了解(通常和限制性副词如only, hardly等词连用)
——youve certainly done a lot of research for your project.(你显然对你的课题做了不少研究。)
——it seems like a lot, but actually ive only scratched the surface.(看上去不少,但事实上我只懂一些毛皮。)
马上咨询哈鲁教育专家,了解更多留学资讯。